Printable worksheets and activities: ie and ei words: rulebreakers
This list has some of the words that break the rule
i before e except after c
but only when the sound is e.
The worksheets below use the word list: ie and ei words: rulebreakers.
These exercises and resources are ideal for the times you cannot access the Internet or want to work offline. The spelling worksheets and word activities are in pdf format so can be printed or downloaded for later use.
- Printable word list - a useful printable resource of the word list
- Flash cards - a word on each card which enables a variety of games and activities.
- Connect the words - an activity to connect words to the correct sentences.
- Fill in the words - write the correct words worksheet.
- Letters activity - words on one sheet, cut out letters on the other sheet. How many words you can spell from the list? A maximum of eight words are used in this activity.
Visit the word lists page to find thousands of other resources or create your own.